Texas Hydraulics, Inc. has been providing custom-engineered hydraulic components to leading original equipment manufacturers since 1968. By executing strategies consistent with Lean Enterprise, Technical Leadership and having the support of a Large Private Equity Firm, Texas Hydraulics, Inc. continues to expand its leading position in the custom hydraulic cylinder, swivel and related component markets. Texas Hydraulics, Inc. has over 225,000 square feet of manufacturing space located in Texas.
THI was acquired by the Wintrust Group in 2016 from Dover Corporation. THI needed to find a partner to quickly assess their ERP landscape and develop the proper architecture fit and plan to move their business critical systems from a Dover managed facility in Virginia and avoid costly transition services agreement (TSA) fees. With no internal infrastructure team, THI IT needed help and YANA was there to answer the call.
YANA engaged quickly with the THI & Dover teams to get a feeling for the size and complexity of the environment. After a few discovery meetings, YANA presented THI with a plan to source a new private network and migrate their systems into YANA’s scalable compute cloud. In less than three months the project was live and THI has been reaping the rewards of YANA’s purpose-built architecture.
“YANA has been instrumental in keeping our critical systems up and running” stated Ross Sommers, IT Manager from THI.
YANA Systems was able to:
- Procure and deploy purpose-built UCS infrastructure
- Build secure Oracle Linux Gold images
- Integrate Oracle Linux with Active Directory authentication
- Created a standardized, role-based access model for cloud OS access
- Replicate THI production ERP and ASCP environments
- Duplicate production ERP and ASCP environments to DEV/TEST
- Instrument all environments with application performance monitors
- Design, Build and Deploy daily application and infrastructure health dashboards
- Design, Build and Deploy clustered F5 Big-IP appliances
All of this work was completed over a weekend, and the new platform improved system performance and availability for years to come allowing THI to focus on process improvement and increased adoption of their ERP system.