Headquartered in Sugar Land, Texas, CVR Energy is a diversified holding company primarily engaged in the petroleum refining and marketing business through its interest in CVR Refining and the nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing business through its interest in CVR Partners, LP.
Industry:Oil & Gas
Services:Professional Services,Cloud Migration and Managed Services
CVR leadership brought YANA in to evaluate the IT architectural landscape and the organization. CVR was at the start of a data center migration project that would require a ground up build of infrastructure leveraging existing assets as much as possible to control capital expenditures. In all, nearly 800 virtual machines needed to be moved between two data centers with little threshold for downtime. Additionally, the existing environment was struggling to keep up with the performance demands of CVR’s back office, refinery and commodity trading platforms.
YANA worked with its strategic partners to implement enterprise all flash arrays in both Primary and Backup data centers and to develop a tactical plan to move data centers with as little impact to the business as possible .
“YANA was instrumental in resolving systemic issues and leading the charge to relocate our data centers” stated IT Director Alex Covick. “Their flexibility in providing swing-cloud hardware enabled us to establish our Cisco UCS/Vmware environment prior to any physical moves. It was a well orchestrated chess match to move assets between Houston and Dallas and not have any issues at cutover” said Covick.
YANA Systems was able to:
- Diagnose bottlenecks with CVR’s existing primary storage platform
- Make platform recommendations in concert with the data center move
- Provide enterprise architectural advisory for the data center move
- Select and implement HDS F800 all flash storage arrays
- Implement Veeam 9.x Enterprise Backup & Recovery suite
- Re-build 4 Cisco UCS Vmware clusters on ESX 6.0
- Migrate all 800+ VM’s to all flash datastores over a weekend
- Implement clustered F5 Big-IP LTM and GTM appliances
- Simplify network design for extended L2 network between data centers
- Implement Citrix Xenapp to improve refinery turnaround system
- Re-architect Oracle/Linux environments to YANA standards
- Migrate Oracle R12 system for acquired business unit to CVR data centers
- Provide flexible Managed DBA Services model for Oracle and SQL Server environments