Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE: JEC) is an American international technical professional services firm. The company provides technical, professional and construction services, as well as scientific and specialty consulting for a broad range of clients globally including companies, organizations, and government agencies. Its worldwide annual revenue reached nearly $15 billion in the 2018 fiscal year. Jacobs is ranked No. 1 on both Engineering News-Record (ENR)’s 2018 Top 500 Design Firms and Trenchless Technology’s 2018 Top 50 Trenchless Engineering Firms.
Industry:Engineering & Construction
Services:Professional Services, Managed Services
Jacobs IT leadership reached out to YANA Systems in 2013 in the midst of stability problems with their primary timecard system. Upwards of 70,000 timecards were being processed twice per month. Like clockwork, the system would come to its knees and wreak havoc for the IT department. YANA participated in a 2-day event with Oracle, IBM and Jacobs personnel to run through the issues. In the end, YANA was able to quickly diagnose the code causing the issue and stability was restored.
After showing its technical prowess, Jacobs engaged YANA to support its two primary Oracle ERP Systems as well as all of its remote Field Services Oracle database. Additional professional services were provided to perform targeted activities related to re-architecting and optimizing Oracle on the IBM Power 7 platform.
“We were impressed with YANA’s ability to quickly extinguish our SEV1 issues” stated Sherri Edwards, IT Manager. “We’ve never had a quarter end run so smoothly and the weekly SEV1 bridges are a thing of the past”, said Edwards.
YANA Systems was able to:
- Resolve timecard system stability issues
- Holistically review the IBM Power7 series environment
- Split ERP systems onto separate LPAR’s
- Identify and tune 50+ customized SQL/PL-SQL programs
- Reorganize databases for optimal storage and performance utilization
- Implement AppDynamics application performance monitoring
- Make platform recommendations in concert with the data center move
- Institute a strict quarterly PSU patching regimen
- Provide a flexible Managed DBA Services model for Oracle