Founded in 1999 as General Bandwith, GENBAND develops IP-based real time communications software products for fixed wireline, mobile, and cable service providers as well as large enterprises. GENBAND has major operations in 50 countries, and it works with over 80 of the global top 100 service providers.
GENBAND implemented Oracle e-Business Suite R12.1.3 in 2011-2012 with integrations to Oracle Governance Risk & Compliance, Oracle Global Transportation Management, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management and various other external systems and services. In less than a year, the system had become unstable and performance and system outages became routine. GENBAND IT needed help.
YANA engaged with GENBAND in 2012 to surgically diagnose architectural issues leading to system outages. After a bottom-up assessment of the environment, YANA worked with GENBAND to implement operating system, storage, database and application changes which dramatically improved system performance and alleviated unplanned outages of their critical ERP system, but the work didn’t stop there.
GENBAND was a privately held company at the time and was continually improving internal process and procedures but it was clear that their current on premise data center was lacking SSAE16 SOC1 & SOC2 certifications required to further GENBAND’s quest of becoming SOX compliant on the road to an initial public offering (IPO). Enter YANA Systems.
YANA worked within GENBAND’s budget to create a hybrid cloud environment in an SSAE16 SOC1/SOC2 compliant data center with YANA providing a full complement of managed services to keep the environment patched and monitored 24×7. GENBAND used available CAPEX dollars to procure an enterprise grade storage platform which was plumbed into YANA’s scalable Cisco UCS compute infrastructure to facilitate high performance and unlimited future growth potential.
“I had the greatest degree of confidence in the resources at YANA Systems” stated VP of IT Don Rowley. “After their success in rectifying performance and stability issues we new we found a flexible partner we could rely on to build a platform for future growth” said Rowley.
YANA Systems was able to:
- Install and configure 2xEMC arrays and plumb into YANA UCS
- Create auto-tiering storage pools and RAID groups
- Build secure Windows and Oracle Linux Gold images
- Integrate Oracle Linux with Active Directory authentication
- Created a standardized, role-based access model for cloud OS access
- Upgrade 8 Oracle databases with the latest Oracle PSU levels
- Implement AD-integrated Oracle Access Manager for SSO for Oracle R12
- Upgrade Oracle Agile & Oracle Global Transportation Management
- Implement Oracle GRC Suite &automated user provisioning for R12
- Implemented clustered F5 Big-IP LTM and configured SSL offloading
All of this work was completed over a 24-hour period, and the new platform improved system performance and availability for years to come allowing GENBAND to focus on product innovation rather than keeping the lights on.